There are no translations available.
Past event: AAYE was present to the brainstorming workshop on "Financial Sector Reform and Development in Africa" in Nairobi - Kenya.
There have been a presentation of recent and promising research proposal using sounds up to date econometric technics to question on how to reform and develop the financial sector in Africa. We will certainly have several good articles on this issue published in top classified scientific journal.
1) AAYE are going to be present at the 7th WORLD CONGRESS organized by the International Economic Association (IEA) in Amman - Jordan in june. The former nobel prize Joseph Stiglitz is implicated.
2) AAYE will be part of the 4th Meeting of ChinaAfrica Think Tanks Forum (CATTF IV) & Sino-African Economic and Trade Conference in Yiwu, China, in Septembre 2014.
China-Africa Think Tanks Forum (CATTF) have been launched in October 2011 and aims to develop into an open platform for long-term dialogue and cooperation between Chinese and African think tanks. Representatives of think tanks, political and business leaders from China and African countries including and African regional organizations such as the African Union, and countries from other parts of the world will be present.
News: An AAYE Co Founder have been honored as one of the best Researcher in the world; You can follow the link:
-Top 3 Young Economists (World Rankings by IDEAS: Less than 5 years criterion); http://ideas.repec.org/top/top.young.html
-Top 12 African Economists (World Rankings by IDEAS: All categories); http://ideas.repec.org/top/top.africa.html#authors
-Top 22 Economists in the Field in Africa (World Rankings by IDEAS); http://ideas.repec.org/top/top.afr.html#authors
-Top 26 Young Economists (World Rankings by IDEAS: Less than 10 years criterion); http://ideas.repec.org/top/top.young.html
-Top 121 Young Economists (World Rankings by IDEAS: Less than 15 years criterion).
Some 2014 publications (AAYE)
1) Important Update: Unlimited Free Downloads. Campaign by Taylor & Francis for the JCEBS
The economic consequences of China–Africa relations: debunking myths in the debate.
Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies (2013)
2) Financial development dynamic thresholds of financial globalization: Evidence from Africa? Journal of Economic Studies (February, 2014).
Downloadable Working Paper: http://www.afridev.org/RePEc/agd/agd-wpaper/Financial-development-dynamic-thresholds-of-financial-globalization.-Evidence-from-African-countries.pdf
3) The impact of health worker migration on development dynamics: evidence of wealth-effects from Africa. The European Journal of Health Economics, 15(2), pp. 187-201. (February, 2014).
Downloadable Working Paper: http://www.afridev.org/RePEc/agd/agd-wpaper/The-impact-of-health-worker-migration-on-development-dynamics.-Evidence-ofwealth-effects-from-Africa.pdf
4) REER Imbalances and Macroeconomic Adjustments in the Proposed West African Monetary Union, South African Journal of Economics (February, 2014).
Downloadable Working Paper: http://www.afridev.org/RePEc/agd/agd-wpaper/REER-Imbalances-and-Macroeconomic-Adjustments-in-the-Proposed-West-African-Monetary-Union.pdf
5) African Development Review: (2014), “Banking Activity Sensitivity to Macroeconomic Shocks and Financial Policies Implications: The case of CEMAC Sub-region”,
6) African Development Review, (Forthcoming) : (2014) ; “Déterminants Microéconomiques du Déficit de Financement des PME au Cameroun”.
7) Regional Economic Integration in West Africa, Springer: 978-3-319-01281-0, Switzerland, (2013), ‘Heterogeneity of Saving-Investment Causality in WAEMU Zone and Fiscal Coordination Implications’.
8) AEC (African Economic Conference) workshop Proceeding Book. (2014), “Financial Deepening Dynamics and Implication for Financial Policy Coordination in a Monetary Union: the case of WAEMU”.
9) Economics Bulletin, Vol. 34 N°=1, pp. 354-372 (Fefruary, 2014), 'On the Sensitivity of Banking Activity Shocks: Evidence from the CEMAC Sub-region'.
10) AfDB Working Paper Series, N° 203 (March 2014), "Développement de l'Industrie Créative et Réduction du Chômage des jeunes au Cameroun: une Approche par la Matrice de Comptabilité Sociale".
11) Beyond RIO + 20 selected workshop paper, (2013), ‘Inclusive and Pro-poor Financial System in Africa: Does Islamic Finance Matter ?’.
11) African Development Review, (Forthcoming) : (2014), "Importance de Politiques Financières dans la Croissance Economique en zone CEMAC: Approche en Données de Panel".